PNG (Methane), chemically known as CH4 is highly flammable, lightweight gas with LEL at 5% Vol = 100% LEL.
Methane gas detector series is highly robust, industrial grade, flameproof or explosion proof gas detector for methane leakage detection or LEL monitoring. Methane is also available in form as a natural gas, pressurized natural gas (PNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG).
The detector is used for online, continuous monitoring of the flammable concentration of methane in %LEL or %Vol terms in ambient air or in duct or pipeline. It is ATEX, IECEX, PESO certified with SIL 2 safety integrity level for hazardous area installation Zone 1 and 2.
The sensor transmitter offers linear, proportional analog output in industry standard current signals, over measuring a range of 0 ~ 100 % LEL (lower explosive limit). The detector works on highly sensitive catalytic bead-based pellistor sensor cell, with low response time. It has the unique feature of an auto diagnostic watchdog with zero point tracking feature. Due to its 12-bit microprocessor based control unit, it offers high accuracy over the long term. The detector is also equipped with a sintered filter with flashback arrestor for enhanced safety.
It also offers optional features like inbuilt LCD display, flashing alarm LEDs, onboard potential free relay contacts (24VDC @ 1 A), RS485 serial interface with Modbus RTU communication.
- Measuring Parameters: LEL level or leakage detection – methane, LNG, PNG, natural gas
- Sensor Technology: Catalytic bead-based pellistor sensor cell
- Measuring range: 0 ~ 100 % LEL ( 0 ~ 5% vol)
- Response time (t90): < 10 sec
- Control unit: 12-bit microprocessor based
- Auto zero point tracking for drift compensation
- Power supply: 24 VDC
- Ingress protection: IP65, IP 66, IP68
- Enclosure: Stainless steel (for sensor cell), anti-static epoxy coated metal alloy (for transmitter), polycarbonate
- Output: linear, proportional 4-20mA
- Mounting: wall, duct, pipeline
- Safety integrity level: SIL 2
- Optional: LCD Display, alarm LEDs, potential free relay contacts
- Hazardous area: Zone 1, 2
- Commercial areas: Kitchen, store room, pine line
- Coal mines, underground mines
- Oil & gas, refinery
- Fertilizer industry
- PNG/city gas distribution system
- PNG / LNG automobile gas filling stations
- Landfill Gases
- Sewage treatment plants (STP), effluent treatment facility
- Cryogenic application
- Chemical, petrochemical industry
- Food processing industry
- Furnace, burner application
- Gas reticulation system
For more details please drop us a mail at email@example.com or contact us
You can also visit our new online product portal for various commercial and industrial application www.alviautomation.com